It’s that time of the year again. You are probably drowning in your pool of sweat as we speak but you wish to drown yourself in ice instead. It is a universal summer feeling which might end up killing you due to permafrost! But what you can do, is to bring home a portable air conditioner.
Now, in case you have been wondering how to do portable air conditioners work, all that you have to do is to read this article.
- The basic principle behind the working of the AC is through an exchange. For this purpose, a gas called refrigerant is used. It is capable of changing from a gas to a liquid and vice versa within a very short period.
- When this gas passes through the compressor, the pressure converts it into a heated and high-pressured gas.
- This heated gas slowly passes through a condenser coil which reduces the temperature of the gas thus turning it into a liquid with high pressure.
- The high-pressure liquid then passes through an evaporator coil which causes a reduction in its pressure.
- This causes the liquid to turn back into gas which goes to the compressor to restart the process all over.
- The hot air brought into the cooler from the house is processed and pushed back to the room as cooler air.
While this is the basic working mechanism of a cooler, the temperature of the cooler air can be changed according to the value preset by the user on the unit. You must choose a portable air cooler based on the volume of air that the unit is designed to cool. All that you have to do is to ensure that the area to be cooled is not open or wide. This will cause cool air to escape the premises, thus leading to wastage of electricity and processing.