Printing is one of the most important parts of the logistics department. Every other department of the organization is connected to it. This is because there are numerous letters, documents, notifications, proposals, certified credentials that need to be printed every hour of every day. A business cannot work without its logistics department. That is why every organization, business, and corporate enterprises need to have a properly established department with an effective printing press. To cater to this problem, one can buy an efficient wide printer for sale.
Understandably, some might think all types of printers are the same. Theoretically, they are as their functions are similar. However, they are technically different and offer printing for different types of requirements. Your job is to identify your needs and select the right kind of printer for your business. This guide will help you understand the basics of wide printing technology as well as its uses:
What is a Wide Format Printer?
Printers are defined based on roll width. A wide format printer is the one that is capable of printing a roll width of 18” to 100”. The common use of this printer is seen for the printing of banners, wallpapers, or anything of the sorts. In this printer, a continuous roll is printed with the desired print as compared to the other common types of printers that offer single sheet print at a time.
If we talk about the technicalities of a wide format printer, it is based on the following features:
- Roll Width
If we talk about the roll width of the wide format printer, as mentioned above, it is useful for printing continuous rolls. The width ranges from 18” to 100” and anything above that is for large format printers also known as the grand format printers.
- Large-scale Print
The whole purpose of this type of printer is to provide a large size print. Now the print can be horizontal or vertical, depending on the requirement of the print.
- Ink Transfer Process
It has three types of major ink transfer processes:
- In the first type, the ink is water-based. It can either be like a dye or a pigment. To ensure the protection of the print, proper coating of lamination is necessary.
- The second type is solution-based. It is not entirely water with ink but has a kind of alcohol in it as well. This type of print takes comparatively more time to dry.
- The last type of ink is fusion. This type of ink transferring process is for tone adjustments.
- Computer-controlled Interface
Moreover, it is a digitally controlled printer. You can turn printing to an automated process too.
- Print Head
Most importantly, this printer works with any kind of print head; thermal or piezoelectric.
- Printing Speed
The speed of the print determines how effectively ink will be transferred on the paper. Additionally, the print speed is adjustable. However, you can voluntarily change it as per the requirements.
Benefits of having Wide Format Printers to Businesses?
- Once you have your wide format printer, all your requirements and printing needs can be fulfilled easily. Whatever setting you deem fit, you can run the printer according to it.
- Moreover, it saves the time of getting services from someone else. In-house printing saves investment. You no longer need outsourced services. Less cost and no time waste is the best bargain. Also, you can monitor the printing process too!
- Another good point is that you no longer have to share any credentials or documents with someone else. Not just that, you can print all your advertisement banners or heavy printing requirements.
- Epson SureColor T3170x Wireless Cartridge-Free Printer
- HP Designjet T2530 Multifunction Printer series
- Epson SureColor T5470 Wireless Printer
- Canon imagePROGRAF TM-200
Overland Blueprinting offers these printers at highly cost-effective prices. The company is popular for its effective services and guidance. The attention to detail and clients is what you want!