Singapore is a leading destination for education. There are some good colleges, universities and institutes in Singapore in which international students come and study. The relevant names include National University of Singapore, The Nanyang Business School, Singapore Technical University, and so on. It is better to qualify from a good institute to get instant placements. There are professional courses which offer easy jobs. Accountant jobs are very popular in Singapore as many employers prefer to hire candidates who have done a regular accounting course, rather than professional courses like as CA, CFA. In fact, if you pass from a reputed college, like as the Nanyang Business School, you can easily get a good accountant job in Singapore. However, the accounting field has evolved with time, and hence it is necessary to keep yourself updated in order to grab that dream job in the accounting field.
How can you be in accountant jobs in Singapore?
- Complete your Bachelor’s degree from a reputed institute. If you want to pursue an accountant career, opt for subjects like Finance, Accounts. A good understanding of Maths and Statistics is also an additional requirement.
- The minimum education qualification required to be in an accountant job is to be graduate with specialization in Accounts or Finance.
- However, post-graduate degree holders in Accountancy program have better chances of jobs by top level employers in the accounting industry.
- You can also enroll for a Masters’ program after few years of work experience in the related field.
- In fact, there are many students in Singapore who inspite of being a graduate in any other subjects, other than Finance or Accounts, who opt for accounting course in their post-graduation, and thereby get selected for accountant jobs in the country. However, universities in Singapore give admission to post graduate programs in Accountancy only to those students who have done remarkable well in their graduation.
- Choose the right college that gives you a good exposure to the varied subjects in accounting.
- When you opt for a graduation degree in a full time accounting course, make sure the right electives are opted for that will enhance your knowledge and prepare you for the accountant job that you wish to pursue.
- Accounting Internship while studying at college is very helpful. It helps you to gain the necessary experience and also gives you insights into the nature of accountancy work.
- Taking up certification exams is also recommended as it gives you an edge over other candidates in bagging the job. For accountant jobs in Singapore, some of the best known certification programs are ISCA (Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants), CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants).
To sum up
Accountant jobs are in demand in Singapore as accountancy provides for a stable career in times of uncertain situations in the global economy. Accounting professionals are always in demand to serve the complicated demands of an increasingly changing business environment of a country like Singapore. With digitalization and advanced technology, there has been rapid learning and unlearning of new skills and applications which are necessary to be incorporated in the department of Finance and Accounts time-to-time. And also, businesses need everything to be in order so that the stakeholders are kept up- to-date. This is where accountants are required. Accountant jobs are available in various roles. And opportunities are available in different types of organizations, including the government, health services, manufacturing companies, banks, and so on.
If you want to set up your own business as an accountant, you can use your accountancy skills and qualification to do so. There are many professionals in accountant jobs at senior management levels who gradually shift from general management to set up their own consultancy firm in accountancy.