Worktops are an essential part of home décor. Many factors influence us when selecting the right countertops. We look for a material that is classy, easy to maintain and durable. The most trending countertop at the moment is Silestone worktop.
What is Silestone?
Silestone is one of the most durable materials perfect for your countertop. It gives you the natural look of stone and comes in many designs in a combination of natural quartz and other raw materials. Also, this worktop is non-porous and durable. The mineral quartz is the main component of this material. They almost have a similar quality. The difference is that Silestone is a human-made material.
Why should you buy a Silestone countertop?
- Stain Resistant
- Easy maintenance
- It has a wide variety of choices. It comes in beautiful textures and designs.
How to take care of your Countertop?
Cleaning is also a dominant part of our everyday routine. To keep up the shine of your countertops, you will need to maintain it daily. Here are a few tips for caring for your Silestone worktop:
- We all know how the kitchen gets messier as we work in it. Either something gets spilt a leftover stain, and so on. It is unavoidable, but we need to get the work done. Clean your worktop with a pH balanced dish soap and warm water. It protects the worktop from the accretion of oil, grease, and debris. An all-purpose cleaner is also an alternative that you could use to keep it hygienic.
- Although Silestone is stain-resistant, some substances may be stubborn. To keep your countertop spic and span, there are a few tips to help you. Use a dash of vinegar, alcohol or ammonia. Leave it on for a while then wipe off with water. You can also use a scouring pad to scrub the stain off.
- We usually take our hot pans or utensils off the stove and keep them on the countertop. With Silestone worktop, it is recommended that you do not place it directly atop it. Exposure to high temperature will cause thermal shock. It will cause your worktop to crack. Make sure to put a cloth or a pad underneath your hot utensil.
- Your countertop may lose its natural sheen over the years. The excessive use of chemicals or harsh tools strips the shine. A multi-purpose furniture spray will help brighten it up and restore its naturality.
- Bleach and Chlorine are the biggest enemies for your kitchen countertop. Silestone is easily susceptible to damage from these two harsh materials. It is recommended you do not use products that contain these substances in them.
- People often seal their countertop to maintain its original sheen. Worktops lose their luminous look because of the exposure to stains and liquids. With Silestone, the non-porous material keeps your countertop shiny. It does not absorb liquids and hence remains luminous. Make sure to clean regularly.
- It is also advised to call on countertop professionals from time to time. Sometimes leaving it to the experts is the right choice.
- Make sure to not cut or grate on your countertops so that you may not inflict scratches or nicks on the surface. Use a plate or a cutting pad to prevent scratches.
- You might want to reconsider the material used for your bathroom countertops. The constant spillage and stains may ruin the texture of Silestone over time. It leaves a slippery residue which can be dangerous.
Do your research to find out which worktop is befitting for your home décor. Silestone has been the first choice for many over the years. The easy maintenance and chic design have compelled buyers to purchase this worktop. It is recommended you consider Silestone for your kitchen island.