Role of social media marketing has evolved over time. Previously, it was just used for connecting with friends. But now, businesses use it for lead generation, sales, website traffic and more. With constant engagement with followers or connections, brands earn indirect sales opportunities like product recommendations from satisfied users. But, devising a strategy is crucial..
If you’re not marketing savvy, search for ‘digital marketing agency near me’ in Google. You will lots of options and select one that has the best service record.
What is Social Commerce?
In simple terms, it is like an online shopping store on social media. Sellers can directly sell their services/products to potential customers without any involvement of websites.
Social Media pages dealing in the category of garments, luxury goods, home decor and beauty can take advantage of social shopping platforms.
How to sell on Social Commerce platforms?
- Facebook Marketplace: Facebook is a live example of Social Commerce. In 2018, Facebook launched a marketplace where the users can buy directly on the platform without going to any website. Categories that are eligible to use marketplace include Classifieds, clothing & accessories, home & garden, housing, deals, electronics, entertainment, family, hobbies, home & garden, vehicles, etc. When selling a physical item on Facebook, use clear images, attractive titles and descriptions.
- Instagram Shopping: With Instagram’s shoppable post, customers get one-click information of a product without moving to different websites. Set up your online store on Instagram in 6 steps-
- Confirm eligibility to use shopping feature
- Change to a business account
- Connect your Facebook Page
- Upload a product catalog
- Authenticate your account
- Switch on Shopping
- Optimize the shopping page (consult digital marketing agency)
Optimize your Instagram pages and get more followers with Qwerty experts. Find us on Google by typing a ‘digital marketing agency near me’. You will see us at the top of the results. Check our services and call directly.
- Pinterest Shopping: Shopping Ads on Pinterest boost your product reach as well as sales. The products are labeled with a special price tag icon, actual price, and a description to help customers in making a purchase. If a user clicks on the product, he will be directed to your eCommerce website.
Consumer Purchase Behavior on social media
- Social reviews, comments, and feedbacks encourage people to buy online, as told by 45% digital media users.
- 80% of buyers purchase a product after suggestions from influencers & friends.
- 70% of shopping fanatics run to Instagram to discover a product.
- People purchase on social media only if the brand is responsive, offer discounts/sale, offer visuals, etc.
Why Use Social Media Marketing To Sell Products?
- According to Statista, the average number of users on social media is 3.8 billion in the year 2020.
- Facebook and Instagram are the most used social media platforms, followed by Snapchat, Youtube, and LinkedIn.
- 36% of B2C businesses watch Instagram as a vital social media marketing channel to generate leads.
Strategies for Social Media Marketing
- Invest in Chatbots or Messenger Marketing: Integrating chatbots with Messenger app is the best to interact with your customers and get their feedback. To set up your own app, consult a digital marketing agency
- Reach out to influencers: Search for influencers who have good following and engagement. As most people follow their lifestyle, they may consider their recommendations about a product.
- Benefit from User-Generated content: To drive sales on social media, look for user-generated content. Reach out to people who recently have tagged your social media page. These are common people who have used your product in the past.
- Focus Checkout Features: Social media sites like Instagram and Facebook provide a checkout option on their app to users who show immediate interest in buying a product. This does not transport the buyer to third party website. Thus, saving time and energy of buyers.
- Use Amazing Product Images: Let’s take an example. If you are a woman wear brand and targeting young women all over the world, use images of human model wearing those clothes. Never use stock photos as they are less impactful. Understand the psychology of buyers. When people see a human picture, they feel connected. Best is to use pictures of influencers or satisfied customers with call to action captions.