New cars boasting of luxury are launched every day around the world. Even small to mid-size cars are labeled luxury cars these days. But what truly makes a car magnificent and worthy of the badge as a luxury vehicle?
Several factors influence the level of luxury in a car. In addition to their luxurious comfort, genuinely lavish cars have stunning craftsmanship, exhilarating performance, and a unique sense of exclusivity – not to mention the whopping price tag.
Luxury cars are a delight for passengers. Normally there is more than enough space for two passengers in the back with enough space to feel comfortable. The high-end vehicles are now furnished with digitally-regulated massaging seats and with enough legroom to sit with legs stretched out.
Are you behind the wheel? The drive will be effortless. The top-tier cars are now fitted with powerful and quiet engines and have features such as night vision and autonomous braking.
Luxury cars are rarely inexpensive to run. Even with diesel models, you have to pay for expensive maintenance schedules and premium levels of insurance. If you are looking to spend a serious sum of money on a luxury vehicle, here are the top 5 vehicles to consider:
Luxury is a benchmark of Mercedes. The brand markets the Mercedes S-Class as their most exceptional motorcar.
· Experience the relaxing S – Class, drive with absolutely no pedal or steering wheel vibration. Even at high speeds, you won’t hear the tire noise or the wind gust.
· Mercedes offers an electric-diesel hybrid capable of over 60mpg. Its’ super quiet and smooth engine supports instant acceleration and it accelerates from 0 to 62mph in just 6.8 seconds.
· The comfort packs and executive rear cabin on the S-Class can provide you with reclining chairs and a massaging feature. The standard seats are also incredibly supportive with no sign of travel fatigue when taking long trips.
· The car comes equipped with a Wi-Fi hotspot, fold-out tables, in addition to a 200GB hard drive. Passengers can access high-definition entertainment on individual screens.
Rolls Royce Ghost
Not many car brands can match the luxury levels of a Rolls Royce. The Ghost is the most economical model from Rolls Royce and you can be exhilarated by the quiet but powerful drive.
· The car displays the affluence and elegance that is synonymous with the brand. It is the most charismatic roadster from the British car manufacturer.
· The brilliantly designed cabin interior combines timeless luxury with modern efficiency.
· With its technically superior chassis and colossal performance, you will need to shell out around £200,000.
· Don’t forget to assign a DVLA number plate for your cherished possession. RR number plate letter combinations are sought after and expensive.
Initially designed as an off-road vehicle, the mighty Range Rover has emerged as an opulent SUV of choice for many.
· With the exterior of a Sports Utility Vehicle, the Range Rover is superbly comfortable internally. It drives as smoothly on a long-drive cruise as it would across a swampy terrain. Its’ imposing build and size don’t in any way detract from its nimbleness or its sophistication.
· The latest Range Rover arrives in three models – the entry model, the mid-range, and the Autobiography model. All three designs have a choice of diesel and petrol engines. The Autobiography model of the Range Rover promises to take luxury to another level.
· The Range Rover enjoys an additional height advantage over its competitors. Sitting in the rear, you feel elevated and privileged as you take in your surroundings.
· The size of the Range Rover has also been taken into consideration during its design. Climbing into the car can prove a tad difficult due to its height. In recognising this issue, the air-suspension system has been designed to allow the body to be lowered to allow easy access and egress to and from the vehicle.
Bentley has added another model to its Mulsanne range. The Speed update reiterates Bentley’s capability as one of the world’s best sporting saloons.
· This upgrade hasn’t altered the vehicle from a saloon to a road warrior. On the contrary, it takes the saloon class to a higher level with its combined luxury and high performance.
· The latest Mulsanne Speed with 530bhp of power represents an outstanding feat of British engineering and with a price tag of £252,000, it has a luxury price to match.
· You can add a DVLA number plate to further increase the luxury feel of the vehicle.
BMW 7 Series
BMW has managed to match luxury levels set by its rivals with the BMW 7 Series.
· The gadgetry inside the vehicle in combination with the luxury interior makes the 7 Series one of the top 5 luxury cars
· The premier model includes petrol and diesel engines and road handling across the range is second to none.
· The car is available in a long-wheelbase version to provide added rear legroom. The latest version has a more tapered outline and is much lighter than previous models.
· The petrol-electric hybrid has a price of around £70,000 and this represents excellent value for money